If you’ve logged in your UAN account online, you must have received a notification for KYC updation, if it still is not updated.
Infact, it is become mandatory to update your KYC details in the UAN account. Otherwise, you won’t be able to enjoy a host of benefits that you can avail online like withdrawal, SMS alert, less TDS, etc.
Before Digitalisation or UAN facility, it was a cumbersome and prolonged process to update or change any details. You used to visit in person and submit all physical documents at the nearest EPFO office. But it is not anymore. EPFO has made provision for the subscribers to update or change their KYC details through EPFO online portal.
Once you update your KYC in EPF account, here are the following benefits:-
- If your KYC or Pan card details are updated, you will not face any hassle while transferring or withdrawing your Money.
- You will not be able to withdraw online if your KYC details are not seeded with the UAN.
- SMS will be sent to your registered mobile no only if your KYC details are updated.
- You have to pay higher TDS when you make a withdrawal from the EPF account if your Pan Card details are not updated.
- You can check your EPF balance online if your KYC details correctly updated
All these benefits plus more make the mandatory for you to upgrade your KYC details in UAN or EPFO portal.
Now that you know how it is crucial, that your KYC details must be updated in the EPFO portal. Let’s move forward.
Another Reading: UAN registration and activation
Here are the steps to update KYC details in EPF account online
It is a very convenient and seamless procedure to update your KYC details in the EPF account. Subscribers can follow these steps to update their KYC credentials at the EPFO portal.
- Login to your EPF account with the UAN login id and password at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Now, you need to Tap on the”Manage” section, thereon click the”KYC” option from the drop-down listing.
- As soon as you Tap on, it will redirect to the online KYC form, wherein you can fill many details like PAN, Aadhar, Passport, driving license, ration card, National population Registry, Bank account details, etc.
- Now Tick on the Box in front of the documents that you want to update. Need to put in there Documents number, your name as per the documents and other details such as an IFSC code in case of Bank account, expiry date for the Passport and Driving License.
- Once you are done with your details, you can save the information by clicking on the Save button, and your details will be saved under the “Pending KYC” section.
Another Reading: How to change Mobile Number in EPFO account online
- In case you do not want to update your details or change it later, you can cancel the process for KYC updation by tapping on X sign against the documents before it is approved or verified by the EPFO.
- Once you submit your KYC documents or details, then it will be verified with the concerned department or with your Employer.
- Once approved and its matches, it’ll be marked as verified against the documents.
These are the steps that made life easier for you to update or change KYC on the EPF UAN portal site. Because of this, it is going to bring in a lot of benefits to the EPFO subscriber.
In case you still haven’t updated your information, we advise you to do it today.